Thursday, October 28, 2010

We ♥ Special Libraries

Thursday, October 28th is special libraries day! To celebrate, the CLA-CASLIS Toronto Executive Board would like to share our reasons for loving our field.

I ♥ special libraries because

... of special librarians and the supportive and engaging communities that they build.
- Eileen Lewis, Toronto Chapter President

... I enjoy collaborating with people to develop tools that would benefit the community.
- Lily Mac, Past President

... I learn something new there every day.
- Maggie Weaver, Program Coordinator

... they open an opportunity to custom design services for a select clientele.
- Kejo Buchanan, Registrar

... I can work in a focused environment towards a tangible goal, yet still have opportunities to embrace innovation and to grow professionally. I especially love news libraries because I feel like I am helping the public stay informed about important issues.
- Astrid Lange, List-Serv & Publicity Coordinator

... I enjoy working in environments where I know my users by name and can help small communities develop.
- Erica Sum, Marketing & Outreach Director

... they provide unique services, and because many of them have very interesting collections.
- Yannet Lathrop, iSchool Liaison

If you ♥ special libraries too, please share your reasons in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment